The Association awards seven prizes annually which are open to all military personnel, Civil Servants and civilians who, in the opinion of the DSA Council, have made a significant contribution to the advancement of the technology or management associated with targeting, locating, environmental support, mapping and the acquisition and management of geospatial data.
The criteria for submissions for DSA prizes are outlined as follows:
- Person or persons put forward for consideration must have made a significant contribution in at least one of the following areas:
- Improving the efficiency of their Unit or Section.
- Successfully developing and implementing new systems and integrating them into a military application.
- Raising the profile of the Defence Geospatial Community in general.
- Each nomination must have a supporting recommendation, in writing, from the Officer Commanding or Line Manager as appropriate.