The Constitution states that membership is open to all serving or retired commissioned, warrant officers and senior non-commissioned officers of any of HM Forces and have qualifications approved by the Council and all civilians so interested and having professional qualifications so approved:
- to promote the military efficiency of units of the Armed Forces of the Crown that form the Defence surveying community and are concerned with:
- Defence surveying in any of its branches or
- the production of maps or charts or the issue of geographical, hydrographical, oceanographic, meteorological and geological information by any other means for use by the Armed Forces of the Crown or
- the location of targets and direction of military activity on targets by any scientific method.
- to advance the education of the public in the history and science of defence surveying and related subjects (as listed in (1) above).
Election of Members
Membership is open to individuals over eighteen or organisations who are approved by the Council. All serving or retired commissioned, warrant or senior non-commissioned officers of any of H.M. and allied Forces who are interested in any of the subjects enumerated in the Objects and have qualifications approved by the Council and all civilians so interested and having professional qualifications so approved shall be eligible for election as members.
Application for Membership