DSA is a registered charity which maintains liaison between officers, warrant officers and senior non-commissioned officers, both serving and retired, and civilians who are working or who have worked in the Defence domain where the focus is environmental information, hydrographic, oceanographic and geographic surveys, locating and target acquisition, navigation, and geospatial intelligence.
The Association provides a variety of services to its members which include:
- A copy of each edition of Ranger magazine, published two times a year.
- Visits to a wide range of technical, military and historical sites, often not available to the general public.
- Opportunities to attend technical and historical seminars.
- Opportunities to attend events organised by other professional organisations working in related fields.
- Opportunities to network with senior personnel in the Defence environmental and geospatial sector.
In recent years the Association has organised visits to:
- Portsmouth Dockyard, HMS Warrior and the Mary Rose
- HMS Drake at Plymouth
- Fleet Air Arm Museum in Yeovilton
- Headquarters Royal Artillery at Larkhill
- The Joint Aeronautical and Geospatial Organisation at Hermitage
- No 1 Air Information Documents Unit RAF at Northolt
- The BAE Systems Battlespace Management Evaluation Capability at Farnborough
- The British Army Museum in Chelsea
- The Royal Engineers Mess and Museum at Chatham
- Greenwich Royal Observatory
- The Queen’s Cartographic Collection at Windsor
- The Shuttleworth Collection in Bedfordshire
- The Public Records Office at Kew
- Blenheim Palace at Woodstock
- The Port of London Authority Control Centre at Gravesend
- The Royal Armoury Fort in Portsmouth
- The Coast Guard Control Centre at Dover
- Dover Castle
If you would like to join the Association please complete the application form.
Membership fees are £15 per year, payable as at 2nd January each year after joining.